Convocation will take place on Sunday, May 21, 2017 from 2:00-4:00 p.m in the Student Union Ballroom
Graduates interested in participating must sign up by April 21, 2017. (See below for sign up form)
April 21 is the last day to sign up to participate, there will be no extensions.
Information regarding tickets may be found here.
Portraits will be taken in MH 526 on Wednesday May 17th from 1-4:00 pm
This session is first come first serve, so please arrive on-time and prepared.
Hey graduates! We are putting together a slideshow of photos to play for the audience as they wait for convocation to begin. We are looking for photos of you or classmates doing school related things. Take some shots of you and friends on campus, in classes, on field trips, at your internship, or shopping in the bookstore! We want to share your college experiences with your guests at convocation!
Please send photos to Jan@jhagemann.com
Deadline for photos: April 31, 2017.
The Task Force reserves final discretion as to the photos that will appear in the slideshow
Convocation is not the same as Commencement!!
- Commencement is for all SJSU students graduating in that particular academic year
- Commencement is held at spartan stadium, usually in the blazing sun
- During commencement only majors are recognized, students will stand with those in their majors and not individually.
- Convocation is specific to the Department of Justice Studies.
- During Convocation, each graduate walks across the stage and gets recognized by the faculty, their peers and by those in attendance.
For more information about commencement please view the SJSU Commencement guide: Click Here
For information on Regalia please visit the SJSU Regalia page: Click Here
For regalia and graduation attire please visit the Spartan Bookstore.
Tips For a SUCCESSFUL Ceremony
- Please be on time!
- Check-in for graduates begins at 12pm on the 2nd floor of the student union
- We will begin rehearsals at roughly 12:15pm
- Check your e-mail for last minute updates.
- Be prepared to be standing for long periods of time prior to the start of the ceremony
- We highly recommend wearing comfortable shoes and/or bringing a change of shoes
- The ballroom does get hot, so please dress accordingly
- If you need water please let us know!
- Share the information on the guest information page with your guests so that they are aware of what is happening the day of.
- If you have questions, please ask them before the day of the ceremony.
Graduates be advised, anyone that is visibly intoxicated will be ejected from the venue and no refunds will be given. We will have a zero tolerance policy.
Be advised that all deadlines are firm and no exceptions will be made unless you notify us via our contact us form, well in advance of said deadline (Minimum 1 week in advance).
Graduate Sign up
Please read carefully as you go through the sign up form.