Convocation will take place on Sunday, December 17, 2017 from 2:00-4:00 p.m in Morris Dailey Auditorium (Tower Hall)
Graduates interested in participating must sign up by December 1, 2017. (See below for sign up form)
December 1 is the last day to sign up to participate, there will be no extensions.
Information regarding tickets may be found here.
Convocation is not the same as Commencement!!
- Commencement is for all SJSU students graduating in that particular academic year
- Commencement is held at spartan stadium, usually in the blazing sun
- During commencement only majors are recognized, students will stand with those in their majors and not individually.
- Convocation is specific to the Department of Justice Studies.
- During Convocation, each graduate walks across the stage and gets recognized by the faculty, their peers and by those in attendance.
For more information about commencement please view the SJSU Commencement guide: Click Here
For information on Regalia please visit the SJSU Regalia page: Click Here
For regalia and graduation attire please visit the Spartan Bookstore.
Tips For a SUCCESSFUL Ceremony
- Please be on time
- Check-in for graduates begins at 12pm in the Morris Dailey Auditorium.
- We will begin rehearsals at roughly 12:15pm.
- Check your e-mail for last minute updates.
- Be prepared to be standing for long periods of time prior to the start of the ceremony. We highly recommend wearing comfortable shoes and/or bringing a change of shoes.
- Please dress accordingly to weather conditions for the day.
- If you need water please let us know.
- Share the information on the guest information page with your guests so that they are aware of what is happening the day of.
- If you have questions, please ask them before the day of the ceremony.
Graduates be advised, anyone that is visibly intoxicated will be ejected from the venue and no refunds will be given. We have a zero tolerance policy.
Be advised that all deadlines are firm and no exceptions will be made unless you notify us via our contact us form, well in advance of said deadline (Minimum 1 week in advance).
Graduate Sign up
Please read carefully as you go through the sign up form.